What we collect
When you interact with us, we gather things like your name, your email address, billing and shipping addresses, phone number, your preferences and interests etc.. This might be when you place an order, create an account, or sign up for our newsletters.
We use your data for the following purposes:
- Name and address – to send you your purchases.
- Phone number – to send update texts regarding delivery information. We will never use your phone number for any other purpose.
- Email address – to send you order confirmations, updates, delivery progress and refund updates. We would also use your email address for marketing bulletins, newsletters etc. if you opt in to receive these.
- Password – this is your unique security to access your account, your orders, your account preferences and to enable you to edit as and when you wish.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. These are personalised emails, specifically for you and separate from our newsletters. If you wish to stop receiving these, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link provided at the base of each email.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Lastly, knowing about our genuine customers helps us detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
TOPZILLY.COM operates on a secure web server which automatically records your public internet protocol (‘IP’) address and also generates a log file.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website does not contain links to other websites. However, once you have left our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you further. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
No organisation can promise 100% security as we cannot anticipate what advances there will be in unscrupulous computer hacking, viruses etc., but you can rest assured that TOPZILLY.COM will operate to the highest possible standards and endeavour to protect you.
Updates to this policy
This policy was last modified on the 17th July 2018. Any changes made to this policy will be posted on this page.